How to shorten a metal bracelet at home. To tame the obstinate bracelet, we need:
- an awl .. a paper clip will do (see my video below)
pliers or tweezers;
- any metal object with a cavity (such as a nut).
How to disassemble the watch bracelet:
- if your bracelet is held on springs, then you can first separate the watch itself from the bracelet to make it easier to work
- we drive an awl (or a paper clip bent in the form of a poker) into the sides of the _thin_ end of the hairpin (see the video below, where I show in detail how to find the thin end)
- when it seemed 2-3 mm – we pull out the hairpin with pliers
- the second section is easier to remove – for this you can use not a “poker”, but our hairpin 🙂 repeat points 2 and 3.
- remove the extra segment and assemble everything in reverse order. Please note that you need to insert the _thin_ end first (sometimes there are arrows on the watch straps).
Voila! More about the iron bracelet on the watch in the video: